Tuesday, January 5, 2016

What I Learned In 2015

Last year, all of my troubles, frustrations, and  pain could have easily been washed away like the year '2015 written in the sand like this photo above.' Well, truth be told, that shit didn't happened and I am so glad that it didn't. If all my troubles, frustrations, and pain would have been washed away, I would have never experience the joy of making it through.


Here are a few valuable lessons that I learned last year:


*It Takes Time To Build True Friendships*

I really wanted to have people in my life to call my friends. I thought that making friends at my job would blossom something, hell anything! But, God; I was sadly mistaken for this lesson learned. Making friends with coworkers left me feeling drained and in my feelings. I rather leave coworkers or associates at my job there and keep them out and away from my personal life. I jumped too quickly into calling someone that I talked to a few times or during the weeks 'my friend.' From now on out I will have a six month outlook on anyone before calling them my friend or bestie.

*Set Monthly Goals For Yourself *

Setting monthly goals gave me a feeling of completeness! It could have been simple as saying "drink no soda, or icees for the entire month of August; which really would have been sorta difficult to accomplish, since I do live in the south. Lol! Another monthly goal could have been to save at least $10-20.00's a week. I also believe that setting monthly goals last year kept me motivated and grounded. Honestly, setting monthly goals are achievable goals and are realistic. Don't strive for perfection strive for what you know you can accomplish in a matter of a few weeks in a month.

*Make Moves In Silence*

Allowing people to know too much about your plans could leave you trying to re-plan and strategize. For example if I was looking to purchase a new car, I don't and shouldn't have to give life to the plan or thought by telling people. The best action is to make it a goal and make it a goal to be accomplished. I learned that telling outsiders and people who just truly just want to know your business will get you nowhere. Make your moves in silence until you have accomplish them or have enough to show. 

*Not Everyone You Network With Will Empower You*

So, I took on blogging for someones natural hair site last year. Long story short, the creator of the natural hair site and brand had lost all drive into pushing her brand to the next level, and I was stuck in the dark still blogging for her brand that she had no passion for. I started to put my passion for writing into her brand and that's where things went downhill. I realized that you can't network with people just because they share the same interest as you. Some folks are probably thinking, "Duh, Lynn!" But honestly it is way deeper than what they just read. I learned that I must brand and build my name and my talent to heights that only others who have accomplished the same can understand and want to network with. I finally decided that I can be my own brand ambassador with no days off.

*Prayer and Patience Keeps You Sane*

I don't care if I may seem crazy or a little bit off my rocker to some folks when I say that prayer and patience last year kept me sane. After, losing my sister-in-law in April of last year, I felt like God was just showing me, my love ones, and family that He is the way the truth and the light. Death happens within a blink of an eye and gives no second chances. I was under a whole lot of stress the beginning of last year being a college student, working on my books, and YouTube channel. I couldn't seem to find enough time last year to give my worries to God instead of carrying them on my shoulders. But after praying and learning to 'let go' things had gotten so much easier. It took a whole lot of patience and days and weeks, but it finally gotten easier. I actually enjoy going into 2016 sane...


What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in 2015?

Thanks so much for reading and I hope that you become an avid reader on my blog in the near future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment